Tour of ancient Rome and attractions to see.
If you are looking for a city full of fantastic monuments and incredible churches, you do not have to look beyond Rome.
Rome has a vast history and a great culture, which means that there is a ton of remarkable things to see. Whether you choose a Tour of ancient Rome or one of the many tours of the Vatican City, you will not be disappointed; even the lesser known tours of ancient Ostia are a great way to immerse yourself in the city and its past.
Besides being the capital of Italy, Rome is home to some of the main tourist attractions of the country; this includes churches, museums, monuments and more. When considering how much is on offer, it is easy to understand why Rome continues to be one of the best destinations in the world for romantic weekends and breaks. It simply offers a little bit of everything and there is something for everyone.
The best things to see during a Rome Tour
There’s a lot to do in Rome, so it’s always better to have a rough idea of what you want to see before you go. Although there are many important attractions, with a little planning and an itinerary, there’s no reason why you can not take the time for it all. If you’re going to Rome early, you’ll want to take a look at:
● The Colosseum: the Colosseum is one of the main attractions of Rome and is located in the center, which makes it extremely easy to reach. The Colosseum was originally built as a Roman amphitheater, so it is rich in history.
● Fontana di Trevi: the Trevi Fountain is located in the Trevi district of Rome and is an excellent example of how spectacular the city’s monuments are. Thousands of visitors throng the foundation every day, many of whom throw a coin out of luck. The Trevi Fountain is iconic, so be sure to take a look.
● Sistine Chapel: When it comes to seeing churches around the world, many people immediately think of the Sistine Chapel. Although the Sistine Chapel is the church of the official residence of the Pope, it is best known for Michelangelo’s 16th-century painted ceiling.
● The Pantheon: the Pantheon is one of the most recognizable places in Rome, which makes it extremely popular with tourists. It was originally a Roman temple, but is now used as a church. If it is impressive for the facilities and history you are looking for, The Pantheon is full of all the boxes.
● Spain Step: Piazza di Spagna, inaugurated in 1725, is a symbol of the city. The 135 steps stairway connects the Spanish Steps at the bottom and the Trinità dei Monti church at the top, and is a pleasant walk.
● Arch of Titus: the Arch of Titus was built to commemorate a number of historical victories and still today represents a great example of Roman triumphal arch.
● Colonna Traiana: no visit to Rome is complete without wasting time checking the Trajan’s Column. Colonna di Traiano is a Roman triumphal column and was built to commemorate Trajan’s victory in the Dacian war. As it was completed in 113AD, it is a great success with history buffs.
● Piazza Venezia: Piazza Venezia is where a number of streets intersect, making it a nerve center for the city. A number of Rome’s tourist attractions are within walking distance of Piazza Venezia, making it an ideal place to start a Rome Tour
As you can see, there are a number of churches, monuments and important attractions to see when you’re in Rome. From the Sistine Chapel to the Arch of Titus, everything in Rome is steeped in history and exceptional architecture.
Tour of ancient Rome and more
There are a number of fantastic tours available in Rome, which means there will definitely be a tour that includes everything you want to see. Whether you are a history buff or just want to visit the main tourist attractions, booking on a tour is often the best way to do it.
In addition to taking away the stress and difficulties of navigating in a new city, a Rome Tour is a fantastic way to get more information about the city. Rather than being content with brief information here and there, why not learn everything you need to know with the help of a tour?
Whether you choose one of the Tours of ancient Rome, a tour of the ancient Ostia or opt for a tour of the Vatican City, you will not be disappointed. Rome is a city full of history and culture, so there is never a dull moment. Are you traveling to Rome early? What will you check?
Take a look at our Rome Tour and do not hesitate to contact us for any question.